Sunday, June 3, 2012

Farm Chicks Favorite Find

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a total geek when it comes to all things "farmy" or slightly junk related, except the animal smells, not my favorite.  I am the biggest self-proclaimed geek however, when it comes to vintage fabric, trims or buttons. I used to spend hours going through every button in my grandmother's box of buttons when I was a kid even though I knew them all by heart. There is just something fascinating about an old damask curtain, a bright military button or a brocade table cloth. Maybe it's the history behind the piece, maybe it's just the fact that this or that beautiful piece of vintage fabric will find a new purpose under my sewing needle.

So it should come as no surprise, that my favorite find at "The Farm Chicks Antique Show" this year is of course, vintage fabric. Not just any vintage fabric mind you, but an absolutely gorgeous silvery gray brocade that will soon be appearing as new bags and totes.



I love the contrast of that sweet blue ribbon against the fabric!

I am so excited to start creating with it that I had to restrain myself from breaking out my sewing machine while my guests are still here.  (Maybe later tonight if I can't stand it any longer.) Even now, my mind is racing with ideas as I mentally run through my fabric stash to consider the possibilities.


Can't wait to play! I wish the color came through better on these pictures. I really need a new camera for this..
 For the record, if you love junking and treasure hunting as much as I do and have yet to experience "Farm Chicks", start making plans for next June now, and setting aside some spending cash because you'll want one of everything!

As for my dear Hubby? He's still working on the chicken coop.

Blessings until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment